Note to Readers:

The following information is based on initial reviews of incident reports and should not be considered a comprehensive list of all incidents reported. The blog reports do not include sex crimes, domestic abuse, juvenile information, medical reports, and other sensitive police reports. The blog may differ from local news sources as well as trends reported at

Monday, January 14, 2019

Friday, January 11th

8:11AM: Officers responded to a breaking and entering of a vehicle on Babcock Street. At around 7:30PM on the 10th, a man parked his van in the rear parking lot of his girlfriend’s condominium. The following morning at around 7:30AM, the man found items missing from his vehicle totaling approximately $4000. It appears the car’s door was unlocked. This case is under investigation.

11:15AM: Officers responded to take a report of breaking and entering of a motor vehicle on Copley Street. The reporting party stated that she went to her car in the morning and found many of her items in disarray. Nothing appeared to be stolen and the doors were unlocked. Police are investigating.

1:02PM: A report of shoplifting on Beacon Street was reported. At 12:59PM, two individuals walked into a business both holding large gift bags. The manager was alerted to suspects who were in the area. A short time later the manager spotted the two suspicious individuals matching the description enter the store, walk around for a little while, then leave. Later after reviewing the stores surveillance footage it was revealed that both suspects stole multiple items. This case is being investigated.

2:10PM: Officers responded to reports of shoplifting on Beacon and Harvard Street. A man, upon walking into a business, set off the anti-theft alarms. The manager was immediately suspicious of the man and asked him to leave. When the man left the store he set off the anti-theft alarms again and the manager contacted police. When officers watched the surveillance tape they observed the suspect take an item off the shelf and leave the store, again setting off the anti-theft device.  Several units responded but all were unable to locate the suspect. Police are investigating.

No comments: