- Occurred 11:00AM (12/31) – 195 Harvard St.
Police conducted a traffic stop for an expired inspection sticker. A license check came back that the driver was operating the vehicle with a suspended license and that the car was unregistered and uninsured. The operator was placed under arrest.
- Occurred 9:49PM (1/2) – Boylston St./Clark Rd.
Police conducted a traffic stop for speeding. The operator stated that the vehicle was his friend’s and that he had left his license at home. Upon running the operator’s information, a registry check revealed that the operator’s license was suspended. The operator was placed under arrest.
- Occurred 2:40AM (12/31) – 1 Evans Rd & 1634 Beacon St
Police reported numerous graffiti tags both on a residential fence and the side of a building.
- Occurred 2:42AM (12/31) – 724-726 Washington St
Police reported several graffiti tags along a concrete wall.
- Occurred between 9:45AM (12/30) and 9:15AM (12/31) – 15 Short St.
Victim reported that a UPS package that had been delivered 12/30 had been stolen from his vestibule, between a locked and unlocked doorway into the building.
- Occurred 11:40AM (12/31) – 287 Mason Terrace
Victim reported multiple larcenies that had occurred on his construction property throughout the last few months. All stolen items were construction related.
- Occurred between 12/16 and 12:30PM (12/31) – 11 Monmouth Court
Victim reported that a package containing several books was stolen out of her front vestibule sometime between when it was delivered on 12/16 and when the report was filed.
Motor Vehicle Accident
- Occurred 5:32AM (12/31) – Boylston St./Dunster Rd.
Police responded to a traffic crash, upon which they found the driver unharmed. The car had hit a fire hydrant, a utility pole, spun out of control, and rolled several times. The driver was cited for driving with a suspended license.
- Occurred 12:00PM (12/31) – Beacon St./Westbourne Terrace
An operator attempted to turn right onto Westbourne Terrace when her car began to slide in the snow and onto the sidewalk, colliding with a one way sign and a tree. The driver did not sustain any injuries.
- Occurred 2:50AM (1/3) – Allandale Rd.
Officers spotted a vehicle over the curb on the right hand side of the road with hazards on. The vehicle had sustained severe front damage after colliding with a fire hydrant. The victim and the fire hydrant were unharmed.
- Occurred 2:23PM (12/31) – 846 Commonwealth Ave.
Police responded to reports of a bank robbery at University Credit Union. The suspect was described as a Black male, late 20’s to early 30’s, wearing a black puffy coat, dark pants, and a “newsboy” type knit cap. He has dark skin with white blotches on his forehead and acne scars on his lower face and jaw.
- Occurred between 5:30PM (12/31) and 11:50AM (1/1) – 510 Clinton Rd.
Police responded to a report of a burglary at the rear door of the victim’s house. There were wood/paint chips and fresh pry marks on the back door. The suspect is thought to have jumped the fence to escape.
- Occurred 7:25PM (1/3) – 115 Greenough St. (Brookline High School)
Police responded to an alarm at Brookline High School. Neighbors observed three teenage boys open a ground level window and enter the school. The building was searched and all three boys obtained and found to have been smoking marijuana before the police intervened. The suspects were arrested.
Breaking and Entering and Larceny of a Motor Vehicle
- Occurred between 7:00AM (12/28) and 7:00AM (12/31) – 68 Boylston St.
Victim reported that a work laptop computer and a black sport coat were taken. The most likely address where the crime occurred was 68 Boylston St. but the car had been parked in various other locations throughout the day.