Note to Readers:
The following information is based on initial reviews of incident reports and should not be considered a comprehensive list of all incidents reported. The blog reports do not include sex crimes, domestic abuse, juvenile information, medical reports, and other sensitive police reports. The blog may differ from local news sources as well as trends reported at crimereports.com
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Police Reports 3/18-3/19
Arrest: 3/18 at 11:28 AM- Washington St. / Pond Ave.
Officers observed a vehicle with an obscured license plate. The officers initiated a traffic stop on Washington St. A query revealed that the passenger had a default warrant out of Quincy District Court. The passenger was placed under arrest for the warrant.
Since February 1st there have been 5 larcenies and 1 motor vehicle theft in Brookline as the result of belongings not having been properly secured in the lockers of several fitness facilities. We would like to take this opportunity to remind citizens of the following safety precautions:
• If you have items of value, try to leave them at home.
• Use a lock on your gym locker.
• Never leave your bags, purses, wallets, smartphones or any other possessions unattended even for a moment. Know where your property is when you are working out.
• Be aware of your surroundings in the parking lot, on the workout floor and in the locker room and report any suspicious activity to staff immediately.
• Keep a written record of valuables, including descriptions and serial numbers. These are proof that the property is yours and will aid in the reporting process and recovery.