Note to Readers:

The following information is based on initial reviews of incident reports and should not be considered a comprehensive list of all incidents reported. The blog reports do not include sex crimes, domestic abuse, juvenile information, medical reports, and other sensitive police reports. The blog may differ from local news sources as well as trends reported at

Friday, August 25, 2017



12:04 a.m.: An officer was dispatched to an address on Beacon Street to meet a party who reported her vehicle had been egged. The reporting party stated she was driving her vehicle through the intersection of Marion Street and Beacon Street when her vehicle was egged. There was no damage to the vehicle. There was a similar incident on 7/26 and officers are working to identify those responsible for these events.

8:05 a.m.: Officers, along with Brookline Fire and Fallon Ambulance, responded to Washington Street for a motor vehicle crash with personal injuries. While travelling on Washington Street toward Cypress Street, motor vehicle #1 was rear-ended by motor vehicle #2. Both vehicles sustained minor damage. One of the operators was transported by Fallon Ambulance for additional medical attention. Officers assisted in the exchange of information and advised both parties to contact their insurance companies.

9:11 a.m.: Brookline Dispatch received a call for a leaf blower complaint in the area of Russett Road and Ashville Road. The caller was unable to see the company working in the area. An officer responded to the area and found that no leaf blowers were in use. An insulation company, roofer, and tree company were working nearby.

10:18 a.m.: An officer responded to a call for a leaf blower complaint on Washington Street. The company was advised of the town bylaw. They were finished working for the day and left the area.

11:30 a.m.: An individual turned in a found cellphone to the front desk of the police station. The cell phone was found at Griggs Park and has been placed into evidence pending determination of ownership.

11:30 a.m.: An officer was dispatched to an address on Washington Street for a noise complaint regarding a leaf blower. Upon arrival, the officer observed a landscaping company, but no leaf blowers were in use.

12:55 p.m.: An officer responded to an address on Ivy Street regarding an attempted breaking and entering that occurred earlier in the month. The homeowner showed officers the side porch door. Glass in the bottom corner of the door had been punched out and broken, but has since been replaced. A sheer curtain inside the door was stained and submitted to detectives. Detectives also photographed and processed the scene. The resident believes the incident took place between 7/31 and 8/2 while she was away. Officers attempted to contact two parties who were working or present at the address at the time. Detective follow up has been requested.

5:17 p.m.: Officers responded to a business on Commonwealth Avenue for an attempted shoplifting. The manager of the store stated a male subject attempted to steal merchandise by concealing it in his bag. As he went to leave, the manager approached the male and he returned the items, but began to threaten the store employee. He was later located by officers on Commonwealth Avenue. The store manager participated in a show up identification and confirmed he was the male who attempted to shoplift. He was placed under arrest and charged with Shoplifting and Threat to Commit a Crime. Officers were provided a receipt for the store item and video surveillance of the incident.

7:39 p.m.: Officers were dispatched to Downes Field for a report of a missing cell phone. The reporting party was able to track the phone to the area of the field, but when officers responded it appeared that the cell phone was turned off. Later, officers attempted to locate the phone again by calling it, but the phone went straight to voicemail.

10:09 p.m.: A citizen reported his bicycle was stolen. The victim stated he had locked his bike to a bike rack on Harvard Street at approximately 6:00 p.m. and when he returned at approximately 10:00 p.m., the bicycle was gone. The lock was also taken.

No comments: